Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjj44
Level 7

No audio

Jump to solution

I have read  all I can find on this topic, and so far no success. I previously had a Roku 2 Sx,  which ran video through an HDMI connection and a audio through RCA connections into my receiver. I just tried to install a new Roku express, which only has the HDMI connection, and I’m not getting any audio at all.  The TV does have speakers, and I’ve disconnected everything related to the old Roku. The TV is a Samsung HDMI receiver. I have gone into settings and changed everything I could find under audio.

I have gone into settings and changed everything I could find under audio.

Any advice In as simple English as possible? I am elderly and not all that adept with the vocabulary.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cjj44
Level 7

Re: No audio

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I finally called Samsung support, and after trying a few things, had me reset the monitor. Voila! Got audio.

I must hand it to Samsung support, because they were willing to spend time troubleshooting a waaaay out of warranty  item.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dgrace
Level 10

Jump to solution

I assume that you get no audio from your receiver nor your tv. That hdmi cable can pass audio and video, but now your receiver is out of the loop. Is it old, meaning no hdmi inputs? Ideally you would run the roku hdmi to your receiver, then output your video to your tv. If the receiver doesn't have hdmi ports, then look to see if your tv has audio out port that can be run to the appropriate input on the receiver.

As to why no audio at tv now, you may have to explore your tv settings. One possibility is that internal tv speakers are turned off. Another is that a roku setting is passing an audio stream to the tv that it can't handle. You have have to look at your roku audio options and try your other choices.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Cjj44
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I finally called Samsung support, and after trying a few things, had me reset the monitor. Voila! Got audio.

I must hand it to Samsung support, because they were willing to spend time troubleshooting a waaaay out of warranty  item.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos