Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeavyPsi
Level 7

No audio

Roku player is no longer passing sound on HDMI setup. Nothing else has changed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: No audio

Need more specifics. What model Roku (model number, not just the name). Is there no audio at all, or just from a specific channel? Is the Roku connected directly to a TV, or is it connected via HDMI to a soundbar or AVR?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
HeavyPsi
Level 7

Model: 4660x2. There is no sound at all. This was working fine a week ago. I have not made any system adjustments or adjustments to my equipment. I am running this from Roku to TV and then optical connection to my receiver.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HeavyPsi In Settings>Audio>Audio mode, have you tried selecting Stereo to see if this resolves the issue? What streaming channel are you trying to watch when you hear no audio? It's possible that the audio format being provided from the channel is somehow causing an issue for your TV trying to pass that audio to a receiver via an optical cable. 

I might also recommend plugging your Roku device directly into your receiver, or use an HDMI cable to connect the TV to the receiver. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos