Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio

My Roku will not let me listen to videos anymore. Before someone replies with the generic "unplug it" answer this is what I have done to fix the problem.

1.) Unplugged the device for 5 minutes.

2.) Plugged the device in to the second HDMI slot on the TV

3.) Plugged the device in with a new HDMI cord

4.) Plugged the device in with the AV cables

5.) Tested my TV audio and both my Wii and DVD player both have audio with no issues

6.) Make sure the TV is not on mute

7.) Follow the steps from previous posts about changing the audio on the Roku

All of this did nothing. The audio worked fine last night. Turned off the TV like normal and went to bed. Today nothing has changed and the audio isn't working. Tried calling customer support and they are closed due to the situation. I was redirected to their website to email them and kept being redirected to the community page to post.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No audio

@kirstensova 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
susan48

Re: Roku Wxpress 4k+ no audio with Vizio TV when streaming Netflix

I have a new ROKU Express 4k+. Sound was very static on Netflix, then disappered. I went through every setting I could find, reset everything, and finally it said the Roku wasn't compatible with my ( 15 yr old?) Vizio TV. I only bought the new Roku because I had to upgrade to watch Amazon Prime. But now I can't watch anything. I have a Hughesnet Dish for Wifi.

Would really appreciate some help

0 Kudos
g8r4uni

Re: No audio on any channels. The tv has audio on cable.

I’m getting no audio. I saw that you had a problem a year ago or two and I was wondering if you got resolution? I’ve tried everything I could think of like you did. Any help out there?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No audio on any channels. The tv has audio on cable.

Hi @g8r4uni

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support article: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alfaveloce
Reel Rookie

Re: No audio on any Roku channel or service.

My Roku Ultra stopped sending audio to the TV.  Unplugged it for a minute, didn't help.  Unplugged it for 10 minutes, didn't help. Left it unplugged for a day, didn't help. I saw a reset button on the bottom.  Read up on it. unplugged everything but power and held reset button down for 30+ seconds. Let it sit for a minute, then hooked internet and HDMI back up.  Now works fine.  This method is a hard factory reset so I had to reinitialize and re-log-into everything but it works.

0 Kudos