Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No audio with Roku Streaming Stick+

I just bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ and am able to get 1080 HD picture quality and all Roku channels but no sound.  Have tried the suggestions about re-pairing and that doesn't seem to be the problem.  The remote works fine and makes selections, but no audio at all.  Have tried tweaking with audio settings to no avail. Volume control is set up to 80 and the bar is adjustable.  Nothing is on mute. Stick's connection to my network checks out fine.  When I switch inputs to my Xfinity router the audio comes right on. Any ideas before I return it for a refund?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No audio with Roku Streaming Stick+

@Panasonic 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying another TV to see if you hear audio when hooked up there. It's possible that they may be a TV connection issue.

If you are still unable to hear audio on from your Roku device, please send me a PM with information about what you are experiencing and what troubleshooting steps you have taken. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No audio with Roku Streaming Stick+

This issue was finally resolved when I read my Panasonic owner's manual. I found that there are two channels of audio output from the TV: one of these is simply "TV," and the other is "Home Theater."  Because I have a sound bar, I had the output set to Home Theater, but apparently Roku channels all sound output to TV.  By changing the output selection to TV I was able to get full sound and video.  The speaker output options are obtained by using the remote and selecting the Viera Link button.  So whenever I want to use Roku I must swap out the audio output.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No audio with Roku Premiere

I just bought the Roku Premiere because my stick lost sound, now I have lost sound on the Premiere, but only on every channel but the PBS kids. What is up with that?

0 Kudos