Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio with DVI to HDMI adapter on Roku express to older model Zenith TV please help

Jump to solution

Went and bought the DVI to HDMI adapter for older Zenith TV with our Roku Express. Forced video with great result but no audio...help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No audio with DVI to HDMI adapter on Roku express to older model Zenith TV please help

Jump to solution

@Justmejezhs wrote:

Went and bought the DVI to HDMI adapter for older Zenith TV with our Roku Express. Forced video with great result but no audio...help?

DVI does not carry audio, it is video only. To get audio you either have to have a Roku player with analog audio out (none of the current models do) or use an HDMI to DVI converter that offers audio extraction. One other option would be to connect the Roku via HDMI to an audio device that can play the sound (soundbar with HDMI ports or an AVR) and then send the HDMI output to the TV with the adapter you have. Either way you have to have something that can extract/play the audio.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No audio with DVI to HDMI adapter on Roku express to older model Zenith TV please help

Jump to solution

@Justmejezhs wrote:

DVI does not carry audio, it is video only. To get audio you either have to have a Roku player with analog audio out (none of the current models do) or use an HDMI to DVI converter that offers audio extraction. One other option would be to connect the Roku via HDMI to an audio device that can play the sound (soundbar with HDMI ports or an AVR) and then send the HDMI output to the TV with the adapter you have. Either way you have to have something that can extract/play the audio.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JNIS

Jump to solution

What dvi cable or adapter did you use ??

0 Kudos