Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No audio only when playing content

To start, the audio definitely works with my TV and Roku.
When navigating around the Roku homescreen I can hear the clicking noise. When navigating around inside an app (i.e. hulu) I can hear the clicking sound.
However, when I play content on hulu there is no audio. I tried several shows. I played content on netflix, several shows, same thing, no audio. I tried playing music on spotify and there was also no audio.
The audio was working fine on all 3 of those apps yesterday and as of today started having issues.
Does anyone have any ideas what could cause such a specific audio issue? This is for my Roku Ultra. I haven't ever run into this before.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 8

Re: No audio only when playing content

I have this problem too.  There have been several other posts here about this problem and no solutions yet that I have seen other than to reboot the Roku each time you use it to regain audio.

The reboot does fix the audio for me but only until the next time I use the Roku.

Level 7

Aha. Yeah, I see that turning it off and unplugging everything and waiting a bit before restarting works. So, I guess I can continue to do that until there's a real fix. Thanks for the information!

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'll try your fix.... to reboot. I ended up ugging in my old roku and the volumn worked. 

@stavitabile7 wrote:

To start, the audio definitely works with my TV and Roku.
When navigating around the Roku homescreen I can hear the clicking noise. When navigating around inside an app (i.e. hulu) I can hear the clicking sound.
However, when I play content on hulu there is no audio. I tried several shows. I played content on netflix, several shows, same thing, no audio. I tried playing music on spotify and there was also no audio.
The audio was working fine on all 3 of those apps yesterday and as of today started having issues.
Does anyone have any ideas what could cause such a specific audio issue? This is for my Roku Ultra. I haven't ever run into this before.

0 Kudos
Level 7

there is no audio  on any roku channels, CBS Access, u-tube or others- get shows  but no volumn. What to do????

0 Kudos