Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenO54
Reel Rookie

HBO Max channel has no audio

I have Roku express, updated to 9.4. All my channels have audio except HBO Max, so my Roku is not the problem. To troubleshoot I removed the channel and restarted the Roku then added HBO Max again. I’ve done this several times without success. The HBO Max app works just fine on my iPad, no issues, and it works fine on my desktop. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
dlew
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max channel has no audio

I have the same problem with the Roku Ultra. I'm using a Visio soundbar and all the others channels has sound, but HBOmax doesn't. If I switch to the tv speakers, then the audio works for HBOmax.

0 Kudos
dlew
Reel Rookie

Found the solution for my situation. On the Roku, went into settings, then audio and then selected "stereo". This was originally set to "auto". Now HBOmax and all the other channels has audio coming thru the Vizio soundbar. 

BrdLv

You rock! I have been trying to get audio from HBO Max for two days. All other channels were fine with my Yamaha sound bar. I did what you suggested…ta-da! Thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos