Just bought a Roku express. I get sound on the Roku loading screen but then it changes itself to DVI for some unknown reason. Never had this problem with anything else. I’m aware DVI is video input only.
Tried different HDMI cables in different HDMI ports. My TV doesn’t even have a DVI input.
Done all of the usual changed audio to stereo, rebooted etc
You said again "it changes the input from HDMI to DVI" - what "it" are you referring to?
The inputs are on the TV (Poloroid, model still unknown), not the Roku. The TV is "changing inputs" for some reason. Its the TV doing the "changing" of its own inputs, probably due to bad detection of the signalling on the HDMI port.
Since you mentioned its a more recent Poloroid TV, make sure the TV has the latest firmware.
Things to try with Roku:
1) Make sure you have the latest Roku firmware: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again
2) You can try disabling 1-Touch play: Settings/System/Control other devices/1-Touch-play=off (unchecked) - try again
3) Manually configuring Display: Settings/Display=1080p TV - try again
4) Manually configuring Audio: Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo - try again
5) But If that doesnt solve it, take it back and exchange it (for the same or different model) - if it behaves the same way, its a strange incompatibility with the TV, try a different streaming device.
StreamerUser Roku Community Streaming Expert
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution." If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.