Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: No audio from Roku Express 3900 to receiver

"de_dude" wrote:
Oh well, as there was no standard stereo or DD 5.1 audio coming out of the Roku Express that my AVR could pick up, I returned it and tried out a Fire TV Stick instead -- this works much better for me in almost all respects, and the remote is great because I can turn on/off my TV and AVR together with one button and control volume. One unique Roku feature that I am sorry to be missing is the Roku mobile app private listening via headphones plugged into a phone, but oh well, no device is perfect and sometimes you get unlucky with obscure system incompatibility issues. :?

You can however pair a set of Bluetooth headphones to an Amazon Fire, so that's sort of what you're looking for.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
de_dude
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
"de_dude" wrote:
Oh well, as there was no standard stereo or DD 5.1 audio coming out of the Roku Express that my AVR could pick up, I returned it and tried out a Fire TV Stick instead -- this works much better for me in almost all respects, and the remote is great because I can turn on/off my TV and AVR together with one button and control volume. One unique Roku feature that I am sorry to be missing is the Roku mobile app private listening via headphones plugged into a phone, but oh well, no device is perfect and sometimes you get unlucky with obscure system incompatibility issues. :?

You can however pair a set of Bluetooth headphones to an Amazon Fire, so that's sort of what you're looking for.

Yeah, I read about that option, but I prefer the Roku method because it works with standard headphones (which I have plenty of) and doesn't require expensive Bluetooth headphones which would be one more device to keep charged. Anyways, thanks jeffrok for all your effort trying to help!
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

No problem.. without having to buy new Bluetooth headphones, you could always buy a Bluetooth adapter like this one:

APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones, Headset, Speaker, Wireless Receiver with MIC for Hands-Free Call and Music https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUXYVOA/re ... fDbCG5B34G

As a cheap way to make any pair of standard headphones work via Bluetooth.

Have fun with your new devices. I use my Rokus and my Amazon stick (and occasionally my Chromecast). They all have their strengths.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
de_dude
Level 7

Cool, thanks for the suggestion -- I hadn't seen a low-cost option like that before. Perhaps I will try it out sometime Smiley Happy Thanks again, and enjoy your devices also!
0 Kudos