Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: No audio from Roku Express 3900 to receiver

"de_dude" wrote:
Oh well, as there was no standard stereo or DD 5.1 audio coming out of the Roku Express that my AVR could pick up, I returned it and tried out a Fire TV Stick instead -- this works much better for me in almost all respects, and the remote is great because I can turn on/off my TV and AVR together with one button and control volume. One unique Roku feature that I am sorry to be missing is the Roku mobile app private listening via headphones plugged into a phone, but oh well, no device is perfect and sometimes you get unlucky with obscure system incompatibility issues. :?

You can however pair a set of Bluetooth headphones to an Amazon Fire, so that's sort of what you're looking for.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
"de_dude" wrote:
Oh well, as there was no standard stereo or DD 5.1 audio coming out of the Roku Express that my AVR could pick up, I returned it and tried out a Fire TV Stick instead -- this works much better for me in almost all respects, and the remote is great because I can turn on/off my TV and AVR together with one button and control volume. One unique Roku feature that I am sorry to be missing is the Roku mobile app private listening via headphones plugged into a phone, but oh well, no device is perfect and sometimes you get unlucky with obscure system incompatibility issues. :?

You can however pair a set of Bluetooth headphones to an Amazon Fire, so that's sort of what you're looking for.

Yeah, I read about that option, but I prefer the Roku method because it works with standard headphones (which I have plenty of) and doesn't require expensive Bluetooth headphones which would be one more device to keep charged. Anyways, thanks jeffrok for all your effort trying to help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

No problem.. without having to buy new Bluetooth headphones, you could always buy a Bluetooth adapter like this one:

APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones, Headset, Speaker, Wireless Receiver with MIC for Hands-Free Call and Music https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUXYVOA/re ... fDbCG5B34G

As a cheap way to make any pair of standard headphones work via Bluetooth.

Have fun with your new devices. I use my Rokus and my Amazon stick (and occasionally my Chromecast). They all have their strengths.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Cool, thanks for the suggestion -- I hadn't seen a low-cost option like that before. Perhaps I will try it out sometime Smiley Happy Thanks again, and enjoy your devices also!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Jeffrok,

I just got a Roku Express from my son to watch our Netflix from our older TV on our boat (circa 2007). It seemed to set up easily with the wifi, but I also cannot get the audio to play. I'm using the old red and white composite cables (that came with the Roku) and the inputs that are on the TV. Video works fine, but after trying every option in the audio settings, we are thinking about taking back this device because it is too frustrating to use with this 2007 TV. If you are able to help, please respond. Thanks so much.

Ajh

0 Kudos