Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No audio Roku Express

Roku Express YU004W437390

No audio whatsoever. 

updated software. 

all other system devices working normally. 

HDMI connected to TV, which is connected to DirecTV receiver. 

Checked all connections. Unplugged and replugged. Still no audio. 

Audio mode is on “stereo”. 

HDMI is “PCM-Stereo”  

Ive Googled and tried everything suggested but nothing has worked.  

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No audio Roku Express

No help at all?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Did you receive any messages about surround sound not supported on TV or any other message? I plugged my new Roku streaming stick into an older Philips HD TV and experienced audio loss only when using the Tablo app. Come to find out the older TV did not support the newer surround sound. Ended up replacing the TV to fix the issue.

I am not sure about the express model and what it supports. However, older TV models may not support all the features required to run a modern Roku. Maybe check out the specifications of each to see if there are incompatibilities. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am certain that the TV supports it because it worked perfectly prior to this. 

Long story short, I didn’t use the Roku for an extended period of time, but never disconnected it. 

No other components of the entire system have been changed or even disconnected. Can’t think of anything else to try. 

0 Kudos