Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachaelperry
Level 7

No app vIdeo sound

Well when using any app on Roku and whether it’s prime Netflix Hulu or YouTube I have no sound when I play a video using that except for Peacock can you help me

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Rachaelperry
Level 7

Re: No app vIdeo sound ???do i have to download an app to get sound and if so wtich one???

What’s wrong with my Reiko can anybody help me I can’t use any of the apps I can use them but when I use them there’s no sound when I play the videos except for Peacock and YouTube can anybody help me

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No app vIdeo sound ???do i have to download an app to get sound and if so wtich one???

Hi @Rachaelperry,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Which specific streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'? Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player? | Official Roku Support

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rachaelperry
Level 7

I’ll try and let u know thanks 

0 Kudos
Rachaelperry
Level 7

No it did not work 

0 Kudos
Rachaelperry
Level 7

It did not work and I deleted Netflix unplugged Ryukyu plugged it back in install Netflix again and it still has no sound

0 Kudos
Rachaelperry
Level 7

Can anybody help me plz 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the reply, @Rachaelperry

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the device itself.

We'd like to check this one out. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos