Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No antenna audio when switching from Roku to antenna

I purchased a Roku Premier a few days ago  and it works perfectly. I also added a digital antenna to get local channels. I noticed that when I toggle from Roku to my antenna on my TV's remote, sometimes there is no audio. Video is fine. If I turn the TV off and on, the audio returns. It's a very minor issue, but is there a way to correct it?

Thanks,

Mike.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: No antenna audio when switching from Roku to antenna

My guess is, since the roku isn't off, the tv still "sees" the audio from the roku. You don't say what tv you have, but I'd look at audio options and see if there may be an "auto" setting so it'll recognise the switch.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi dgrace. My TV is a non smart TV. It's a flat screen Vizio. Is there any was to turn off the Roku Premiere? I couldn't find any way other than unplugging it.

Mike.

P.S., I like your Frank Zappa quote!  If you go, please send me some dental floss.  :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

If its handy, post the vizio model and I'll take a look at the manual.

The Tablo suggestion is good too. A neighbor has one and it works well, as your antenna connects to it and your Roku (with the Tablo channel) accesses ota, and can pause or record it.

Having the tv audio output to an AVR might be another way to go. The ota audio could passthrough tv and your home entertainment center would play it. 

Too cold here now for "raising it up".

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

dgrace,

The TV is a Vizio M220MV LCD HDTV (non-smart TV). I bought a digital antenna and I'm able to pick up 44 local channels, some of which I though were cable only channels, and also some channels that I've never heard of! The picture quality on the OTA channels is quite good! I expected to only pick up a few channels. I'm shocked that I can get 44. This is my second TV (in my bedroom). I bought another Roku and digital antenna which I will connect to my larger, Samsung TV in my living room. I also signed-up for Sling.

Mike.

0 Kudos