Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fixerman
Level 7

No YouTube playback.

YouTube channel will not play video or audio. If I select a YouTube video I just get a blank screen. I have two Roku sticks. One works okay and the other does not.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: No YouTube playback.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Fixerman
Level 7

Thanks for your advice makaiguy,

I tried your suggestions. I even did a complete factory reset of the Roku streaming stick. The problem remains with Youtube and I notice that Amazon prime video also has the same issue. Netflix and BBC have no issues.

When I load the youtube app all seems ok. I can search and see all the thumbnail videos. I can select them but when I try to play I just get the rotating circles. On Prime Video it's similar except I can load the channel and browse through the various lists. I can select one to play but in this case it seems to load but but no video or audio but I can see the progress bar moving as if the video is playing. I can even skip ahead on the bar but still no video or audio.

I have an Amazon Fire stick on the same tv and there are no problems with it. I have two Roku sticks elsewhere in my house and they both work fine.

Please advise further.

JT

0 Kudos
Fixerman
Level 7

Update,

This afternoon I swapped the Roku stick for one from another room that I knew was working perfectly. The second Roku stick behaved exactly like the first one in that it won't play youtube or amazon prime video. Therefore I presume the problem lies in my setup. It tried plugging the Roku into a different HDMI socket but that did not help.

I'm at a loss to understand what is wrong.

JT

0 Kudos