Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoresman903
Level 7

No Video : Roku Streaming Stick+ Plugged Into Receiver / Amplifier

Jump to solution

Hello, I've just added a third Roku Streaming Stick+ to our Upstairs TV and am having video difficulties.

The Roku is plugged into our receiver / amplifier.  I got the home screen and watched a bit of TV from the Spectrum app.  Sound was coming through the speakers okay too.

However, I can't seem to get any video after that one time.

I rebooted the Stick and the "dancing" Roku logo came up on the screen, but then it went dark.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No Video : Roku Streaming Stick+ Plugged Into Receiver / Amplifier

Jump to solution

Hi there,

What specific make/model of A/V receiver, and TV are you using? Have you tried changing the HDMI port on the receiver that the device is connected to? I'd also recommend trying to connect the device directly to the TV to see if this restores functionality. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there,

What specific make/model of A/V receiver, and TV are you using? Have you tried changing the HDMI port on the receiver that the device is connected to? I'd also recommend trying to connect the device directly to the TV to see if this restores functionality. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
scoresman903
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Tanner.  I did plug the Roku directly into the Pioneer TV and that worked.  I then plugged it back into the Denon receiver / amplifier and it worked.

0 Kudos