Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoynPeace
Level 7

No TV signal can't restart Streaming stick

Hi

I recently began getting "no TV signal" on my screen.  I've tried resetting the streaming stick and it goes to the "let's get started" screen.  I choose the language, enter password for wifi, then choose auto detect.  The device checks for HDMI which at first says 720 then it says 1080(I have a very old tv) then it starts to detect "HCDP" but does not finish and gets stuck on that screen.  Is there a way for me to resolve this issue.  I do have paid subscriptions tgat I stream using this device.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No TV signal can't restart Streaming stick

Which model Stick do you have? There are six different versions, and if it's one of the older ones it might simply be dying. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JoynPeace
Level 7

Streaming Stick + 

0 Kudos
JoynPeace
Level 7

Streaming Stick +

0 Kudos
atc98092

That's the 3810. However, even with the same number there appears to be two different versions: one with the extended range WiFi antenna that's part of the power cord. However, even the older version is only 4 years old, so I wouldn't expect it to have failed yet. But it's certainly a possibility. 

Can you connect it to a different TV, or at least a different HDMI input on the same TV, and see if the same problem occurs? 

Dan

0 Kudos
JoynPeace
Level 7

Hi 

I don't have another TV to try this with.  Also I have an old Panasonic Lcd TV that has one HDMI port.  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Any chance you can borrow a DVD or Blu Ray player (preferably the latter) and ensure the TV HDMI port is working OK?

Dan

0 Kudos