Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk978
Level 8

No Surround Sound on major streaming channels

Jump to solution

I am not getting 5.1 multi-channel surround on my Roku connected by HDMI to my Integra Pre/Pro on most of the major streaming channels - Netflix, ATT TV Now, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, Amazon Prime. I am getting Dolby Digital on the HD Homerun (network attached OTA tuner) channel with the same hook up so I am pretty sure it is not the Pre/Pro or the HDMI - Anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tk978
Level 8

Re: No Surround Sound on major streaming channels

Jump to solution

Fixed : I should have read more of the other posts on this subject and the solution was mentioned several times.  What threw me off was that the HD Homerun app was getting 5.1 but none of the other channels (ie Netflix, Amazon) were.  So for anyone having this problem- Try this:

When you have whatever channel open and are watching something and you believe it should be surround sound Press the" * "(option button -the asterisk looking button)  while the video is playing you will see a menu swip in from the side and one of the options will be volume mode- change that setting to "off" and you should now be able to get surround sound. Not sure if this setting is discrete to that specific channel or it sets it for all other channels.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
Did you check your audio settings on your Roku?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
tk978
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes pretty much tried them all?  

0 Kudos
tk978
Level 8

Jump to solution

Fixed : I should have read more of the other posts on this subject and the solution was mentioned several times.  What threw me off was that the HD Homerun app was getting 5.1 but none of the other channels (ie Netflix, Amazon) were.  So for anyone having this problem- Try this:

When you have whatever channel open and are watching something and you believe it should be surround sound Press the" * "(option button -the asterisk looking button)  while the video is playing you will see a menu swip in from the side and one of the options will be volume mode- change that setting to "off" and you should now be able to get surround sound. Not sure if this setting is discrete to that specific channel or it sets it for all other channels.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos