Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dllefler05
Reel Rookie

No Sound (Netflix Only)

Jump to solution

Help!

Everything worked well for months. Suddenly, when we put Netflix on, no sound.  There IS sound for a Netflix trailer, but not for an actual show.  All other apps (Disney +, CW, Amazon Prime) are working fine. In another room, with another Roku, Netflix is working fine.  What happened, and what needs to be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dllefler05
Reel Rookie

Re: No Sound (Netflix Only)

Jump to solution

My son was able to fix it. I believe he went into Roku settings and then audio. And change the setting to stereo. Rather than the other one that was selected. And the hdmi setting was at auto. Restarted netflix and it was back to normal. Not sure why it started (never changed the setting to begin with) but it's worked fine since. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tra143

Jump to solution

Did you ever find answer?  I have sound for trailers but not movies....ugh

0 Kudos
dllefler05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My son was able to fix it. I believe he went into Roku settings and then audio. And change the setting to stereo. Rather than the other one that was selected. And the hdmi setting was at auto. Restarted netflix and it was back to normal. Not sure why it started (never changed the setting to begin with) but it's worked fine since. Hope this helps! 

RichardD

Jump to solution

Thanks! Worked a treat.

0 Kudos
Sfaks

Jump to solution

Thank you !! 

0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Thanks! 👏👏
0 Kudos
news

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Wsandy1956

Jump to solution

No sound on netflix 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wsandy1956,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on the Netflix channel or does the loss of audio happen on all channels? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

As a first step, could you try to remove any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
earthglows

Jump to solution

Thank you!! I had the sound go out in the middle of a show and your solution worked for me!

0 Kudos