Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBunye
Channel Surfer

No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is not responding, stating there’s no signal. I can’t even access a menu screen.

I unplug and reinsert the original power cord again, with the bootup screen functioning, but then it goes back to “No Signal”.

I tried switching HDMI cables to a new port on the same TV. No change. And there is no other television I possess that is even capable of HDMI connectivity, so going to another TV is not an option.

I tried pressing the remote’s power button multiple times. Nothing.

All other remote buttons. Nothing.

Remote signal on the Ultra itself. Nothing.

We still have “No Signal” despite all these measures.

At this point, I’m open to suggestions. The unit has been active since February and has performed without fail. Until now.

Can someone in Support please help me? I tried calling, and it routed me back here, so I have little choice but to post and hope someone swiftly responds. It’s been this was for about four days, and any kind of solution would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

@CBunye 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
94 REPLIES 94
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CBunye 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mendini

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Black screen on startup from re-powering... no ROku restart screen. My Roku shows up online on the phone app, lights on etc, but no response, no video, etc.

mendini@bellsouth.net, model 4640x

YP008K243574

0 Kudos
BetterWorld
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have no signal from Roku Ultra to my TV after having unplugged the device for several days so it wouldn't interfere with my cable box. It was set up and working fine before that.

0 Kudos
BetterWorld
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

update - I found the solution. Just needed to change input port.

0 Kudos
dube500

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Turned on TV this evening and there was static/flashing.  I changed channels - and it was on all channels.  Traded HDMI cables, traded HDMI ports on TV, powered up and down roku, tv, and even plugged in direct network cable to my router.  now the ruku starts, splashes up the Roku logo abd goes to no signal.  I can't seem to get it to do anything.  Fried roku?  What's the warranty and how can i claim.  Thanks

0 Kudos
JokeU
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue as others here have described.

Roku Ultra (4670X).

Tried different HDMI cables, different ports, different TVs.  Nothing.

No signal detected by TVs.

Tried the hard factory reset on the unit - couldn't even get the lights to blink after holding the button in for 30+ seconds.

Remote blinks, indicating it's not seeing the Roku.

Help!

0 Kudos
zoanon

Jump to solution

Periodically the Roku ultra display goes to the "No Signal" error screen.  No buttons are active during this.  My unit usually recovers on its own in a matter of seconds to minutes.

sn: kw905d347966

model: 4670x

0 Kudos
cbhandar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought my Roku Streaming Stick + and I tried to set it up. I connected to Wifi, and then Roku started updating and then screen went to No signal. Tried to reset the Roku and the Roku screen came up for 10 seconds before going back to no signal. Tried multiple times and now is stuck on no signal. Very disappointed as I have never owned a Roku before. Is mine just a defect? 

serial #: 25507H302754

email: bhandaricelina@gmail.com

0 Kudos
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm seeing the exact same behavior.  I see the Roku splash screen when plugging in the power, then it goes to "no signal".  I plugged in an old Roku device in the same port, and it works fine.

0 Kudos