Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esv82
Binge Watcher

Re: No Signal Issue on LG OLED

It's not just with LG - I'm having the same issue with my Samsung smart tv. Every time I change inputs from my cable box back to my Roku, I get a black screen saying "no signal" and I have to unplug the wall adapter and plug it back in, and it works again until my tv is off. I've been asking for help for a week now and have not heard anything back. 

Pat7000

Re: No Signal Issue on LG

I am having same issue.  I have 3 Roku's and they all work on other televisions except the LG.  Plug in the Roku the bouncy logo comes on then blank no signal message.  Can hear the clicking if I try to use the remote.  The television works with a DISH signal.  Very frustrating and can not find a solution anywhere

cenby13
Channel Surfer

Im another frustrated  LG 4k TV owner with same Roku fail.  Where is Roku tech support?  Do they even care this is a valid problem? Also I'm a professional AV systems installer, well versed in troubleshooting.  I can only use Roku when connected thru my AV receiver, but I loose 4k capabilities. 

My biggest frustration with Roku is there is NO  chat or email capabilities on the supposed tech side of the website. Horrible support!

spuck20
Binge Watcher

Seriously Roku? It's February 2021 and you haven't got a fix for this issue with LG tv's?   Has it been a year now? 

homankw

I have a 55 inch LG oled with roku ultra. My no signal issue happens when using HBO max for a hdr 4k movie. Movie starts to load then goes dark, the no signal appears. I updated the TV, the router, and the HBO app. Only after a certain combination of restarting the roku, app, or TV does it magically start working. Awful experience.

0 Kudos
cenby13
Channel Surfer

I resolved the problem by connecting the Roku to an HDMI input on my AV receiver. The receiver seems to change the video format to something the LG tv likes. If you have an AV receiver, try this suggestion.

spuck20
Binge Watcher

Great idea.  I'll have to see if that's an option for them, though, I'm pretty sure their AV box is connected with an optical audio cable. Don't think it had HDMI input, but that's something to look at as an option.  

Crazy that the AV receiver can solve the problem but that Roku/LG can't fix whichever firmware it is that's doing this.  The cynic in me still thinks it's an intentional omission to drive upgrades.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@naueo93

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting the device with a HDMI extender to see if that helps the issue you are seeing? 

You can request a free HDMI extender from our Support page here: https://my.roku.com/hdmi

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ianlav83

Running mine through my AV receiver. Still doesn’t work.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Ianlav83

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV then let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos