Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No Signal After Update - Roku Premiere 3920

I had a Roku premiere and had been using it fine for a few month until 2 weeks ago I turned on my monitor and there was no signal, I tried unplugging, resetting but it wouldn't start, contacted Roku customer support and they determined a replacement will be given. Today I just got my replacement and I plug them in and it seems to be working fine and asked for Wifi password which I entered, it automatically started an update afterwards. When the update is done I lost the signal again, no mater what I do I cannot turn it on. Tried resetting and now the white light is blinking twice. HDMI cable worked out fine on my laptop and my PS4 so I don't think that was the problem.

Did i happen to get two faulty devices in a row or I missed something here? Maybe something to do with the software? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Level 19

Re: Help!New Roku Premiere 3920x won't turn on after update

@SeanL Please send me a private message with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the back/side), along with your specific make/model of TV that the device is connected to.

I'll follow up from there to see how else we may be able to assist. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Level 7

Black / No Display

Hello,

I have a Premier that I bought back in June that stopped working at some point today. It worked before bed last night, but turned it on now and the screen is black.

I've tried unplugging everything for a minute; when I plug back in, the logo bounces on screen for a bit, then the screen goes to black. The TV is getting an input, as the screen is black and not giving me a no input error, just seems like the Roku is pushing out a black screen. 

Any help before I just return it?

EDIT/UPDATE: I tried resetting by pressing and holding the button in the back with a pin. The logo came up, and it took me to setup. I selected language, entered my wifi password, it connected and went black again.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: Black / No Display

Hi! 

Thanks for the note. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. 

Try performing a factory reset one more time, but please try pressing and holding the reset button for 30 seconds consistently, then release it. 

Let us know if that helps clear up the issue! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for the reply, Tanner.

I tried it again, held the reset for 30 seconds, same result. It confirms the internet connection and then goes to a black screen.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi all,

I just want to give everyone an update on my case. My Roku is able to receive signal with the same set of cables on my friend's LG tv. I came home and plug in the same set of cable on my monitor which is a Alienware AW2518H 1080p monitor and I just cannot get any signal on my monitor. Whenever I connect my laptop or ps4 on this monitor via HDMI I am able to get input perfectly fine.

I have to say this does not make any sense to me because there is no way a Roku with the exact same power and HDMI cable works on a LG TV with 1080p input yet failed on a 1080p 25" monitor. 

Roku has not provided a solution to me so far, I just wanted to get this out there so people that use computer monitor can be aware of the potential issue because when a Roku failed to work on a compatible monitor it's my responsibility to fix it.

Fore reference, currently I am forced to use my PS4 to watch netflix on the same monitor with the same HDMI cable. 

0 Kudos
Level 12

It sounds like your Alienware monitor is putting out enough interference to disrupt the Roku's wifi connectivity (the blinking white light issue).  It doesn't matter that the PS4 works, etc. Something is disrupting the Roku connectivity.

Question 1: Are you plugging the Roku Premiere into a wall AC socket, or are you trying to use USB from the monitor to power it? Always, always go for the wall AC, if possible. 

Question 2: Irrespective of whether the same HDMI cable works on another monitor/TV (your friends' house), have you tried a different HDMI cable? Definitely try a newer/better cable. Don't get hung up on "but it works over there!!!". 

Over time in these forums, I've seen people having issues getting hung up on not wanting to try new things because they think they shouldn't have to for some reason.  That's all well and fine, but it doesn't fix anything. I'd set that stuff aside and try anew.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi all,

an update on my case.

I purchased a Hisense H6500f tv and the roku premiere works on the my tv, which is good, I'm not going to complain on this part.

However, the same roku premiere still does not work on my monitor and given the same model worked before that update and went to no signal afterwards and stayed that way on my monitor while working on my new tv, I now can be pretty positive that the software update was the cause of the issue. 

I don't find any information indicating Roku is not compatabile with 1080p 25 inches monitor before my purchase on the website/box. 

I have to say I am very disappointed at how the coustomer support treated my case and software compatiliblity should not be my responsibility despite Roku is a very ease to use decent product and I've purchased the products for my parents and my uncle before. I will not recommond this product to anyone in the future because of this experience.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: No Signal After Update - Roku Premiere 3920

I am having the same problem with my Roku premiere. It worked fine last night. Today, I get a message from the TV saying "no signal" from my Roku box.

The HDMI and internet connections are snug. I tried rebooting the Roku and doing a factory reset several times. Still nothing. I get a black screen. 

I'd like to know how/when I can get my box working again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: No Signal After Update - Roku Premiere 3920

@SeanL We passed your feedback along to our team with the details you provided. They're continuing to look into the issue, but we don't have any further updates to provide at this time. Please stay tuned, we'll share any news that we hear. 

@frasky 

Have you tried connecting the device to a different HDMI port on your TV, or swapping out the HDMI cable being used to see if this resolves the issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos