Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodeocowgirl012
Level 8

No Service???

Is anyone else having service issues?  Our roku was working just fine yesterday (Sunday 8/16/2020 mid evening) but late evening it all of a sudden would not start any channels.  It starts to open them and then either freezes or goes back to the home screen.  I have tried system restarts, multiple unplugs, I even went so far as to try a factory reset and now it won't even give me a new code to reactivate my device.  I am not sure if it is a service issue or if my device went kaput?  If I need to get a new device not an issue but I want to know if anyone else is having this issue.  I can't seem to watch anything on the website either that is why I thought maybe a service issue?  Is your roku working right now????

3 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Service???

It's an obvious question, but it has to be asked. Are you certain there's no problem with your Internet connection?

So before the reset, there were no error messages, it simply froze or went back to the home screen, right?

What model Roku is it? Hopefully you can find the full model number on the case, not just the name. If it's one of the older boxes, it might have just decided to hang it up.

And no, haven't seen any issues with any of the services. I just tried several on my Roku TV and had no issues. I did notice that Amazon rolled back their Prime Video channel, likely because they've had so many issues with it since they added profile support. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rodeocowgirl012
Level 8

Internet connection is working great but still no luck with roku.  I even bought a new roku express + today and it starts set up and connects to internet and does update but after it reboots after update it starts all over and won't proceed further.  I am so frustrated.  Going to take this one back to store tomorrow and see if a different one will work.

And no, no error messages just tries to load channels (hulu, disney+, roku channel, etc) and then freezes and goes back to home channel.  I even tried a factory reset on our old device and it won't give me a new activation code.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@rodeocowgirl012 wrote:

Internet connection is working great but still no luck with roku.  I even bought a new roku express + today and it starts set up and connects to internet and does update but after it reboots after update it starts all over and won't proceed further.  I am so frustrated.  Going to take this one back to store tomorrow and see if a different one will work.

And no, no error messages just tries to load channels (hulu, disney+, roku channel, etc) and then freezes and goes back to home channel.  I even tried a factory reset on our old device and it won't give me a new activation code.

Yeah, I think you have to have an Internet connection to get the code. Here's one more thing to try on the old one. Try connecting it to a different Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. Or trying it at a friend's home. It makes no sense, but very often people have been able to complete the device registration via a hotspot, and then it will connect again to your home network. As I said, it doesn't make any sense, but for some users it's worked. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.