Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stromdriver
Level 7

Re: Private Listening no longer working with Disney+

Jump to solution

was able to force the update to 9.4 but the problem persists, the only audio track that works on private listening (out of the 8 available) is the english descriptive (where along with dialog there is a voice describing what is on screen) none of the other 7 (including foreign languages) work in private listening

0 Kudos
narenrh
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you!

0 Kudos
profanador
Level 7

Jump to solution

Changing audio settings to stereo worked for me, thanks so much for the workaround!! I have Roku Ultra LT, just bought it in March 2020.

0 Kudos
xaviries
Level 7

Jump to solution

That k you!! This is the solution. Work with all my Roku's

0 Kudos
bryguy28
Level 7

Jump to solution

The audio change is a good work around for the issue, but when is Roku/Disney going to fix issue with the Disney+ app?

Shelleyjo890
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked!! 

0 Kudos
mjwilli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does anyone from ROKU actually read the issues on line?   This have been going on since September from what I have read on line and I have not seen anything from the company.   I also changed it to stereo and it started to work.   The other selection states Auto (SS+, DTS).   It would not tale a good programmer to integrate all of them so you just have Auto. 

Customer should never have to hunt for a fix. They should have a known issues section with temporary fixes and estimated timeframes to a fix.   That is the difference between a fair and a good company.   This is not the only issue on ROKU.  Pandora has issues. 

I have an ultra. 

0 Kudos
Maui_Sunset
Level 7

Re: No Private Listening audio only on Disney +

Jump to solution

Solved problem of no audio from Disney+ on Roku remote with earbuds or iPhone with Roku app. Someone else mention that they solved the problem by change the audio settings on Roku.  This worked for me as well.  Roku audio settings default is Auto detect.  When l changed the settings to PCM-Stereo, l was able to listen to Disney+ on both the Roku remote and the iPhone with earbuds.

0 Kudos
Maui_Sunset
Level 7

No Private Listening audio only on Disney +

Jump to solution

Solved problem of no audio from Disney+ on Roku remote with earbuds or iPhone with Roku app. Someone else mention that they solved the problem by change the audio settings on Roku.  This worked for me as well.  Roku audio settings default is Auto detect.  When l changed the settings to PCM-Stereo, l was able to listen to Disney+ on both the Roku remote and the iPhone with earbuds.

0 Kudos
Twinkleduck
Level 7

Jump to solution

It seems to me that Disney + is really touchy about their concern that 2 devices might access their films when the sub is only for 1.  You may want to try disconnecting the Roku Ultra that you're not using temporarily.

On another note, I had the same sound problem for my Ultra ... both the remote that came in the box (It's an older Ultra) and my phone remote. The fix was setting it to Roku stereo as an earlier community member suggested.  Disney + sounds great now with the headphones & does sound surround-like.  With gratitude, Twinkleduck.

0 Kudos