Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Private Listening audio only on Disney +

I have no audio when streaming selections from Disney + with Private Listening active on my Roku 4 remote or via the Roku mobile app. I can hear the menu audio and don't have any issue with any other channel. The volume icon appears and adjusts +/- on the screen when the headphones are inserted and shows mute when the remote mute button is pushed. I have tried...

-Multiple headphones

-Removed and reloaded the Disney + channel app

-Restarted the Roku system

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No Private Listening audio only on Disney +

Having the same problem ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Just checked this out on my Streamjng Stick+ and private listening on Disney+ works here.

When removing/reinstalling a channel, be sure to restart your Roku between removing and reinstalling the channel.  This clears everything out of memory and assures you get a clean install of the latest version of the channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Private Listening no longer working with Disney+

I've noticed that, as of a few days ago, the Private Listening feature (either through the remote or through the mobile app) no longer works for Disney+. It used to work just fine before, and still works with Netflix and other channels... If I enable it and then try to watch something on Disney+, the video plays but no audio comes through. Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas?

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Private Listening no longer working with Disney+

Same here, private listening works on all other channels except Disney+

Highlighted
Level 8

Quick update: I spent a hour or so with Disney on chat support about this issue. They had me clear the Roku cache, swap HDMI ports ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, uninstall/reinstall the Disney+ app, check for updates - no luck. They said they were escalating to higher tier techs and would get in touch via email - I'm still waiting on them to get back to me.

On a whim, I tried private listening on my Roku3 downstairs, and it still works (same Disney+ version). It's still broken on my Premier+, though :-(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Smart issue here. Weird that it's only Disney +. Maybe there's an audio setting I should change?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been experiencing that same issue on the Streaming Stick+ since this past Thursday night. I tried calling Support, but because of COVID-19, they are closed Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same issue on a Roku Ultra. After fiddling around with it and confirming it works fine on Netflix and with other apps, I changed my audio output to Stereo and it works with Disney+ then.

Go to Settings --> Audio --> Audio Mod --> Change to "Stereo" (mine is usually "Auto (DD+)".

Since the headphones are stereo only anyway it works fine and you can easily change it back when you are using your speaker system. Hopefully Disney/Roku will fix this through an update soon.