Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaykkayg
Level 7

No PICTURE

Hi.. and please help! I will only be here for a few days as this was a gift to my dad! So everything worked fine (roku se to Sanyo tv) picture and sound were a ok! I left (they were taking my child for 2 weeks) & during that they called and said they had sound, but no picture. I have tried everything! And again.. everything was fine and worked so I'm pretty sure it's not the TV.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No PICTURE

@Kaykkayg 

What is the model number of the device? It should be on the box. 2710X or something of the sort; four numbers, followed by a suffix of one or two letters.

If it's a Roku SE model 2710, then that's a really old device, circa 2013. So, which device are you using?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: No PICTURE

Again, its most likely the "new" Roku SE - the 3930SE/3930S2 (3930).

Try having them connect it another TV then manually configuring the display:  Settings/Display/720p TV

Then reconnect it to the first TV.

Otherwise, they can try "blindly" setting it to 720p:  hit the Home key a few times then:  Up, Right, Down 3x,  Right, Down, Select, Select, and assuming they see something at this point, select to confirm.