Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

No Dolby Vision Logo on new 2020 Ultra

I have a Vizio M507-G1 and have been using a TiVo Stream 4K for Dolby Vision content. When using that TiVo, the content info/logos were properly displayed on the TV: Normal, HDR10, or Dolby Vision. With the new 2020 Ultra (4800R), Normal and HDR10 are properly displayed but Dolby Vision content does not display the Dolby Vision logo. It only displays HDR10. The Ultra does correctly recognize the TV as 4K HDR (Dolby Vision) HDCP 2.2. The cable is rated at 4K/60 and is one meter long with no kinks. Again, the TiVo Stream 4K triggered the TV to display the correct info & logos. The new Ultra is not. So I don't know if it's just a missing logo problem or if the Ultra is not actually transmitting the Dolby Vision metadata. 

I have HDR always on disabled because that makes non HDR content look bad. With this disabled, the Ultra is supposed to pass through the content's metadata unaltered.

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: No Dolby Vision Logo on new 2020 Ultra

How old is your Vizio? I know there were some Vizio and Sony TV built 2018 and earlier that don't support DV at 4k/60. They only support DV at 4K/30, which the Roku 4800 apparently doesn't do. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hmm. The G in the model name means it was developed in 2019. I bought it in March of 2020. When I run the Auto Detect display function on the Roku, it confirms 4K/60 and 4K HDR (Dolby Vision) at 60.

But then there's the Auto-adjust display refresh rate setting on the Roku. Through two TVs and two Roku Ultras (this one and last year's model), I've never been able to turn this on. When I do, I get rainbow colored snow and the Roku reboots. I don't know if this is related to how to solve this. It seems to be off by default.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@KelvinZero wrote:

Hmm. The G in the model name means it was developed in 2019. I bought it in March of 2020. When I run the Auto Detect display function on the Roku, it confirms 4K/60 and 4K HDR (Dolby Vision) at 60.

But then there's the Auto-adjust display refresh rate setting on the Roku. Through two TVs and two Roku Ultras (this one and last year's model), I've never been able to turn this on. When I do, I get rainbow colored snow and the Roku reboots. I don't know if this is related to how to solve this. It seems to be off by default.

Yeah, that should be new enough. I've never been able to live with auto refresh rate either. it makes my MPEG-2 DVD rips have a stutter to playback, so I just live with the 60 Hz framerate. My Shield will match resolution and framerate as long as the source material is at least 720p. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos