Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelvinZero
Level 10

Re: No Dolby Vision Logo on new 2020 Ultra

Roku is no longer responding to the email ticket they had opened with me. It's soon going to be two months that I've had this 2020 Ultra, that I bought specifically for Dolby Vision, that isn't doing it. They seemingly recognized the problem then dropped off while there have been a few software updates in the interim. Any update would make this a little less painful: "We're working on it but no ETA" would be fine. Silence without a solution is not. I have some patience but it wears thin when there's no communication. If this goes on much longer, I'll get an Apple TV 4K and eBay this Ultra. Will no longer recommend Roku as I've done for the last five+ years.

0 Kudos
Mark_H-
Level 9

A new no DV problem

Something has been happening only recently. 

After my Roku has been sitting on with the TV off, then turning the TV on, go to a DV title and it only does 1080p and it seems like the gamma is cranked up because everything is washed out. Only way to remedy the situation is to restart the Roku or go to the Roku picture setting and choose 4K DV/HDR where it will do a new handshake and then DV comes up.

It's not a TV problem either because ever since I factory reset my R615, I have not had it hooked up to the internet. 

Come on Roku, I am seriously losing all my faith in you. I can not recommend Roku anymore. 

On somewhat funny note. Stayed in an Airbnb that had a Sharp Roku TV. Hooked my Bluetooth speaker up to it via 3.5mm. IT HAD LIP SYNC ISSUES! Only way to fix it is to force PCM 2 channel audio just like I had to do with my TCL. I now fully blame Roku for all audio issues I have had with my TCLs and now Roku Ultra, plus the video issues now. 

0 Kudos
b2net
Level 9

Re: A new no DV problem

I am finding now that everytime I shut the TV off and back on, the Roku switches video back to Automatic.  That would not be an issue if the DV issue was solved (lower frame rate for DV than 60).  So every time we turn on the TV to use it with the Roku we have to back to settings and change it back to 4K w/HDR which does work.

This is getting old.

0 Kudos
GWLaguna
Level 7

Hey there. This is the same issue I’m having since updating to the 4800X. Here’s my post that others have replied to as well. https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Ultra-not-switching-to-4K-DolbyVisio...

This certainly isn’t a onetime issue, it seems that it’s a bug in the handshake protocol or the signal that identifies the TV max resolution which is more likely. I’ve asked if Roku monitors these threads but so far I’ve gotten no response. Very disappointing to go from a very stable device to I e that seems to have problems daily. 

0 Kudos
KelvinZero
Level 10

Got a Fire TV Stick 4K for $40 and of course, Dolby Vision works perfectly. Unlike this new 2020 model Roku Ultra. Last night the Ultra updated itself to 9.4.1 Build 4222-C2, for all the good it did. At this point, I'm seriously wondering why I don't jump off this platform.

0 Kudos
Isst
Level 8

Re: Dolby logo

I’m having the same issue with the new Ultra 2020.  No logos at all in the upper right.  However, when I use my LG remote and go through the LG tv I see the logo. Problem is that I needed the ultra to get to Apple TV.  I may wind up returning it and I’ll use my old Apple TV until the new one is released. 

0 Kudos
KelvinZero
Level 10

I will bet this is an EDID problem between the Roku and the TV. It's three months now and no solution. Really not happy with this purchase. Have I mentioned the Fire Stick 4K works fine? Gives me Dolby Vision on my TV that this new Roku Ultra won't. As did the TiVo Stream 4K.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have no issue getting DV with my LG NANO85 set. I did have to swap out my AVR with the one in the bedroom, as the family room AVR didn't support DV. HDR support doesn't mean DV is also supported, in case you have an AVR in the HDMI chain. Everything in the chain has to support DV or you only get HDR. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
KelvinZero
Level 10

There is no AVR in the chain.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
KelvinZero
Level 10

Since October and no movement on this issue. Dolby Vision is the ONLY reason I got the 2020 model. Lame.

0 Kudos