Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dactime
Level 7

No Dolby 5.1 output with new Ultra

I have a Roku Ultra #4800R and cannot get Dolby digital output from it.

I am using a HDMI cable to connect it to my Panasonic TC-P60ST50 TV. The TV is connected to my home theater amp with a digital optical cable. In the audio setup for the ROKU I have tried the auto detect, auto pass through and Dolby digital settings. When selecting the auto detect and pass through settings the ROKU tells me it is detecting stereo and I am only receiving stereo/pro logic at the amp. In any of the Dolby digital modes selected on the ROKU I get no sound to the amp. The TV has Netflix and other apps loaded on it and I get Dolby digital from the apps that offer it, as well as the other components connected to the TV, all running through the digital optical cable to my amp. I have checked the HDMI settings for audio on the TV and it is set to digital like the rest of the HDMI inputs on the TV. I have updated the ROKU as well.

Any suggestions?       

0 Kudos