Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lubana
Streaming Star

No Device Found

I am suddenly getting "No Device Found" after having my Roku player work well for a year.  What do I do now?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Device Found

@Lubana 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the device? Have you tried using another HDMI ports or switching out the HDMI cable to connect the device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: No Device Found on my TCL tv

Hi Danny, I have a similar issue.  Our remote was lost so I downloaded the app on my phone.  It worked great for a few weeks but now it says no device found. I have since purchased a replacement remote but since the TCL tv can’t be found, I can’t pair them.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RonnieNancy, which remote did you get?  Pairing the remote (assuming you got one of the voice models) doesn't require the app.  Find the pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment, press and hold it until the green light starts flashing, unplug the TV and plug it back in and turn it on using the button on the TV (on the back or one of the edges; my TCL TV has a single button on the bottom by the TCL plate).

If your remote doesn't have a pairing button then it has to be a TCL Roku TV remote to work with your TV.  A Roku simple remote won't work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I bought a RC280 replacement remote. It does not have a pairing button.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@RonnieNancy wrote:

I bought a RC280 replacement remote. It does not have a pairing button.  

That is an IR remote. It doesn't need pairing, and in fact has no ability to pair with anything. It works solely by Infrared signal between the remote and the TV. This also means there can be nothing that blocks the IR receiver window on the TV from seeing the signal. I don't know exactly where that window is on your TV, but it's somewhere along the bottom of the screen. If you have anything blocking the view, the remote won't work.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@RonnieNancy  The Roku Remote Control app for Android or iOS works great. I use it all the time. Just be sure you are using the official app made by Roku. Do you have an Android phone or an iPhone? What phone make & model do you have? What OS version?

0 Kudos