Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW41basketball
Level 7

No Audio on Roku Express+

I have a Roku Express+ and I've been using it for about 3 years. It has recently begun losing all audio (in menu, playback, etc.) randomly after turning the device on. I have tried changing the audio settings so the Audio Mode is set to Stereo and the HDMI is set to PCM-Stereo (and every other combination possible), changing out the HDMI chord, changing HDMI ports, testing those chords and ports with other devices to ensure that they aren't faulty, restarting the device, factory resetting the device, and unplugging/replugging the Roku, and the problem persists. It usually fixes itself after a few hours of inactivity, but it's beginning to happen more frequently. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Audio on Roku Express+

@NW41basketball 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you experiencing the same issue when you plug the device to another TV?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, lease send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I would be more than happy to pass you along to our Support team to see what other troubleshooting steps they can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos