Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikenkath
Level 7

No Audio and Slow Motion Video Playback on Roku Ultra

We just purchased Roku Ultras to replace Roku Premieres.  On several channels, when we pause playback and then start again, video playback is in slow motion and there's no audio.  Rebooting/restarting the Roku only temporarily fixes the problem.  Internet and wireless strength are excellent.  We had no problems like this with our Roku Premiere devices.  Thanks in advance for any advice on how to resolve this issue.

13 Replies
toscrawford
Level 8

Re: No Audio and Slow Motion Video Playback on Roku Ultra

I noticed a similar problem on my new Ultra 2020 today so you aren't alone.

0 Kudos
Rowho
Level 7

I just had this same issue with my 5 day old roku 4800x and I went ahead and returned it and the new one I just got did the exact same thing so I'm guessing it's a firmware issue.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I've mostly used YouTube and HBO Max on my Ultra 4800, but I haven't seen a problem like this. And I often pause playback if someone talks to me while it's playing. I am hard-wired, not using WiFi. Doubt it makes any difference., but thought I'd include it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Buboy
Level 7

same problem here. all channels no sound except youtube.

0 Kudos
Tumbleweed28
Level 7

I’ve had my ultra for two months, it is hard wired to the internet via cat6 cable. The internet signal is good and I’m having the same issue. 
I’m wondering why there’s no solution for this.
Does this mean I should return the ultra and go back to the premier? 
😕

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I've been using my Ultra 4800 for the last several hours on HBO Max and had no issues with audio, pause, or FF/Rewind. It is connected to my Gigabit network via Ethernet, and the HDMI goes through a Yamaha AVR which sends the video to my LG display. I also did a couple of quick checks on some Dolby Vision titles, which all played fine as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rstatton
Level 8

What streaming service are you using that you are experiencing problems with your new Roku Ultra? AT&T?

0 Kudos
Hunter1979
Level 7

Brand new ultra, mine is doing it too.  Mostly on netflix, but just did it on hulu

0 Kudos
Rowho
Level 7

Still no fix as of yet but I'm still experiencing the same issue and now when I leave my Roku on standby overnight it will have to reboot the I wake it up from sleep mode.  I still believe it's a firmware issue that Roku needs to address

0 Kudos