Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LS1Factor
Level 7

No Audio From Channels

Hey all - so I was instructed by FandangoNow to do a factory restore to fix an issue of not being able to rent movies. The reset fixed that but now I'm not able to get audio playback while in a channel. I get the audio from the roku menu so I know hdmi is passing audio. Movies play fine other than audio. I do get audio if I plug headphones into the remote.

The software is up to date and I'm running a Roku 3 - 4200X. I tried removing a channel and re-installing it but that didn't fix it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jrboland
Level 7

Re: No Audio From Channels

I'm having the exact same problem.  Audio only through headphone jack for FandangoNow movies.  Makes sounds on TV for a split second when I unplug headphones.  The other thing that is really strange is that audio from trailers comes through fine.  Just playing actual (owned) movies that has problem.  Has a resolution been found?
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

I think there's a bug in the latest software.. if you're getting no sound, try a restart on the Roku 3 (not a factory reset but a restart)..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
jrboland
Level 7

I inadvertently found the fix for this by searching a VUDU forum for why some of my movies aren't showing up in VUDU on my Roku.  I changed the audio settings on the Roku from Surround to Stereo and now the audio works for Fandango Now movies.

Still haven't got my 10 missing VUDU movies to show up despite switching audio settings.  It's definitely a Roku bug; all the movies show up on my blu ray players and smart TV.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"jrboland" wrote:
I inadvertently found the fix for this by searching a VUDU forum for why some of my movies aren't showing up in VUDU on my Roku.  I changed the audio settings on the Roku from Surround to Stereo and now the audio works for Fandango Now movies.

Still haven't got my 10 missing VUDU movies to show up despite switching audio settings.  It's definitely a Roku bug; all the movies show up on my blu ray players and smart TV.

What do you mean "my 10 missing VUDU movies?" This doesn't seem to fit anything you mentioned before. Is this a different issue about movies not appearing? If so, a new thread might be in order, as that would be unrelated to audio on movies you do see.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos