Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LynnR1
Level 7

No 4K with new Ultra and old LG TV

Just got my new Ultra and can only get it to display 1080p on my old LG 55UB8200 4kTV. I tried the auto-detect setup and the Roku does think the TV can support 4k, but when it tries to switch, I just get black screen/no signal. Same thing if I try to set the display type through the menu - Roku says TV supports 4k/HDCP2.2/etc. then when I switch to it, nothing. I didn't find anything in the TV settings that would help modify any HDMI settings, so am I stuck using 1080p?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
LynnR1
Level 7

Re: No 4K with new Ultra and old LG TV

Some additional info on the TV...

The LG TV supports the following 4K formats:

4K @ 50/60 Hz Support Format: 

Resolution: 3840 x 2160p/4096 x 2160p
Framerate (Hz): 50.00/59.94/60.00
Color Depth /
Chroma Sampling: 8 bit / YCbCr 4:2:0
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55UB8200-led-tv

Above page says this with regard to HDMI ports:
3(2 Rear, 1 Side) *1 HDMI input supports HDCP 2.2

So it appears only one of the HDMI ports supports HDCP 2.2, but it doesn't say which one.  Have you tried a different HDMI port?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
LynnR1
Level 7

On the back of the TV, the one HDCP 2.2 port is labeled and that's the one I am using. After doing a little more googling, it may have something to do with the Roku not supporting the 8-bit color depth?? Anyway, I solved the problem by ordering a new TV. It should be here this afternoon. Not the cheapest option, but it was time for an size upgrade too. Thanks for the reply,

0 Kudos