Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abillmann
Level 7

No 4K for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV from a Roku 3810X

Just upgraded to a Sony XBR65X900F 65" 4K TV.

The TV's native apps (like Netflix, for example) show all of the 4K content available and play it flawlessly--and the TV reports it as such: 3840 x 2160, complete with the Dolby Vision logo.

But when I plug my Roku 3810X directly into an HDMI port on the TV, I can only get 1080p from those services. Weirdly, the Roku recognizes that the set is 4K and when I'm in the Roku Home screen, the TV reports it as 4K. But as soon as I begin a program, it's 1080p and stays that way -- it never adjusts to 4K.

My internet bandwidth is typically about 120mb/s down, and the wifi router is about 10 feet away from the TV, so no problem there. (Especially since the TV has no issues at all.)

Any idea why the 3810X won't stream 4K from Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abillmann
Level 7

Re: No 4K for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV from a Roku 3810X

Update:

I removed the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps from the Roku stick and re-downloaded the latest versions. Amazon Prime is now fine -- true 4K reported and it looks awesome. Same for YouTube -- the 4K content there displays perfectly.

Netflix is still only allowing 1080p. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos