Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rowdy

Newsmax app suspiciously stops working

Newsmax App no longer allows selection of Individual Shows (Greg Kelly, Spicer and Company etc.) When trying to watch latest episodes of any Newsmax show, Roku will search, then return to Home Screen. I find it suspicious, that a Tech Device is suddenly refusing play of Conservative Political content. Klowd TV is also a little clunky today. Is Roku going to force me to do away with their device too? I wouldn't want to have to Cast directly to my TV but if they start Shadow Censoring Content, I certainly will Cut them out of the loop...

13 REPLIES 13
tNtKemp
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax app suspiciously stops working

For me, Newsmax won't even load on my Rokus today, it starts to open, then closes back to the Roku Home menu.  It failed the same way on my Streaming Stick+  (3800 Series) and my Express (3900 series).  It actually worked fine, though, on my Premiere (3920 series) and my TCL Roku TV.

0 Kudos
tNtKemp
Reel Rookie

I found that I could load Newsmax by searching for it from the left-hand menu, then open it from the results, even though it wouldn't open directly from selecting the app.  Can't explain it...but it worked.

Opening the app directly did not work. But searching for the channel like I was downloading it, and open it there worked just fine...weird. Thanks for the insight!

tNtKemp
Reel Rookie

Np... At such a politically charged time as it is, I was hoping to find that this was not an attempted to block NewsMax. Still don't know, but at least we can still watch it.

0 Kudos
Autumnwez

We have been having the same issue where Newsmax won’t load.  Very suspicious.

0 Kudos
Suellen

Same problem here. We have just started watching newsmax on roku so we were not sure if it was something we were doing wrong,  but it is the only program (station) that stops in the middle of watching a program.  It has happened multiple times to us in the past few days.  

Mohayley

They must have blocked it.  You can watch it on Rumble.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Mohayley 

You can also watch it on the Roku Channel Live TV ch. 150, Pluto LiveTV ch. 236, Plex Live TV, and of course, Rumble/RumbleTV.

Roku is not blocking Newsmax.  The Newsmax Channel/app is just having some issues currently with their LiveTV in the standalone Channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Nostrum
Channel Surfer

When I have similar problems with Newsmax on Roku I can usually open it on my Amazon Firestick. I have yet to have a problem with the app on the Firestick. Yes, I realize it's a different platform. 

0 Kudos