Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New setup - no Audio

Hi. 

I've just bought a roku premier box and am using it with a slightly old model logik tv. 

I've not had any issues until i came to watch tv and have noticed there's no audio through any apps. 

I've changed the settings to basic PCM stereo and still nothing.

The TV audio works fine on its own, just not with the roku box so far. Is it just not compatible? 

Thanks to anyone who can help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New setup - no Audio

@Kathryn1307 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To start off, we would recommend changing the HDMI cable used to connect your device to your TV aswell as try using another HDMI port on your TV. We would also recommend restarting your device after to see if that resolves your issue.

You could also try turning Volume Mode off during playback of video inside a channel by pressing the * key on your remote, look for 'Volume Mode' in the lefthand Settings menu that appears, and try changing this to off.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New setup - no Audio

I have a similar problem in not receiving audio with my Roku streaming stick. I've tried using multiple ports. I've also tried pressing the * button during playback and I do not get the settings menu referenced; instead I get a box with closed caption options. With the a/v setup in my home, changing the HDMI cable into the televison is not an option. Also, while I do not get the streaming audio, I continue to get the audio from whatever channel the TV was on when I switched the source over to the HDMI port where the Roku is plugged in.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

0 Kudos