Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BostonP
Level 7

New TV with Roku Stick and No Signal message

I just purchased a new outdoor TV and it came with a Roku 3810X stick that is plugged into an HDMI port and the USB port on the TV for power.  When I turn on the TV, I get the jumping ROKU logo and some sounds but after about a minute I get a screen message that says “No Signal”.  I’ve searched online and in the forum for a fix, but sicne I can’t even get to the Roku setup screen I don’t know where to go.  I did not get power plug so can’t plug it into the wall which is the only thing I found online as a possible fix. The TV is adjacent to the WiFi extender so I know there is signal nearby.  Don’t know where to go next.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: New TV with Roku Stick and No Signal message

There should be a reset button on the Roku stick.. try repowering the stick, and while powering it, hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.. the stick should a full reset.
What is the brand and model of the TV?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

"BostonP" wrote:
I just purchased a new outdoor TV and it came with a Roku 3810X stick that is plugged into an HDMI port and the USB port on the TV for power.  When I turn on the TV, I get the jumping ROKU logo and some sounds but after about a minute I get a screen message that says “No Signal”.  I’ve searched online and in the forum for a fix, but sicne I can’t even get to the Roku setup screen I don’t know where to go.  I did not get power plug so can’t plug it into the wall which is the only thing I found online as a possible fix. The TV is adjacent to the WiFi extender so I know there is signal nearby.  Don’t know where to go next.

You can get away powering an ordinary Roku stick via tv, but not the Stick plus. You need the USB Power Cable with Advanced Wireless Receiver, you can buy from roku website for $19.99
0 Kudos
BostonP
Level 7

I went and looked on Roku and they sell cables, but I don’t see the adapter that you plug into the end of the cable and then into the wall.  Am I missing something?  I have the cable with the wireless receiver as that came with the TV and Roku stick so just need an “extension” cable and then the piece that plugs into the wall.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

If you are just missing the USB extender, I bought a used 3810 missing the extender, bought this one from amazon:

https://www.roku.com/accessories/adapters
0 Kudos