Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyking
Level 8

New Speakers

I have a 55P605 TCL Roku tv. It doesn’t have the enhanced remote like the 55P607. I was looking at the new speakers that will be coming out and I saw some instructions that says you pair them like the remote. My TV doesn’t have that option. So I am guessing they won’t work. The TCL website nor the Roku site says nothing about compatibility issues. What do you think?
TCL 55P605 Roku TV
LG 4K Blu Ray
PS3
Direct TV
Vizio Soundbar
0 Kudos
2 Replies
blade_005
Level 11

Re: New Speakers

"Skyking" wrote:
I have a 55P605 TCL Roku tv. It doesn’t have the enhanced remote like the 55P607. I was looking at the new speakers that will be coming out and I saw some instructions that says you pair them like the remote. My TV doesn’t have that option. So I am guessing they won’t work. The TCL website nor the Roku site says nothing about compatibility issues. What do you think?

They will work. The P605 and P607 are the same set with the same hardware inside. One just came with a basic IR remote (P605) and the other came with an enhanced WiFi remote (P607). But, if you purchased an enhanced WiFi remote ($29.99) from the Roku store website and did a POWER RESTART on your P605 they would pair up and you would have a Voice enabled remote. Many users of the P-Series and the new 6-Series TCL sets that were purchased from Best Buy with only the IR remote have reported success with pairing the enhanced WiFi remote. Similarly the announced Roku Wireless speakers will work with your set.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
Skyking
Level 8

Re: New Speakers

I bought the enhanced remote and IT WILL NOT pair with the 55P605!!!
TCL 55P605 Roku TV
LG 4K Blu Ray
PS3
Direct TV
Vizio Soundbar
0 Kudos