Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MonicaMimi
Level 7

New Roku connects, shows menu screen for each app, but won't play videos

Roku Express connected to the internet, shows menu screen for each app but won't actually play any videos. The only one that works is Pandora. For example, I can open Netflix, select the user, select a show & push play. Nothing will happen.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
CJsurf
Level 7

Re: New Roku connects, shows menu screen for each app, but won't play videos

I am having the same issue. Internet connected have good signal, 23mb down 8 up but it will not play any apps. I can stream on my iPad but not the roku? Any help? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @CJsurf

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Do you receive an error message when you access any channel on your Roku device? If so, please let us know.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CJsurf
Level 7

Hi Kariza,

No error message. On the Roku network page it says signal strenght excellent, wireless channel 44, internet download speed 25mbps good. I can stream fox news, abc news, cbs sports for example. Netflix error is NW-6-408. An internet and nexflix support search does not have this error message.

On the roku channel there are just faint channels that can't be selected. I have rebooted, modem, device, router again and again. No error messages. Internet connected good as described, I can't stream netflix, or most channels, only a few. The roku device did work on a different network an another home

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CJsurf

I apologize for the delay in response.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove one of the affected channels then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos