Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annoyed_in_NE
Reel Rookie

New Roku Ultra streaming issues

I can get into and move through my streaming apps (Hulu, Netflix, Disney+) but when I click on a show to watch it just buffers for a minute and then gives an error message.  The only resolution I've found so far is by unplugging the Roku and plugging back in.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku Ultra streaming issues

This doesn't fix the problem, but you may find this an easier method for restarting:

Settings > System > System restart

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
blusfn3

I am having the exact same issue. Have you found a resolution yet?

0 Kudos
annoyed_in_NE
Reel Rookie

Nope...and it has gotten worse.

0 Kudos
BlkSwan56

Has this issue been solved yet?

I have a new Roku Ultra 4800X and a new Samsung 4K QLED smart TV.  The Roku must be powered down and restarted each time I want to view DirecTV Stream.  And when I stream any other app, AccuRadio, Hulu, etc and switch to DirecTV Stream, I get an error message.  First the "Hmmm, this video is taking longer to load than expected..."  before getting "Oops, there's something wrong with this content. Try another channel or try again later. "  At first I thought that maybe it was a cabling issue, so I got Cat8 Ethernet and 1.8 Gb HDMI cables because we have 1000mbs internet service.  But nothing is working.  It has to be the unit because the issue is consistently intermittent.  Any thoughts?  Because it is new, I'm returning it to the purchaser but I don't want to have the same problem again.

0 Kudos