Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New Roku Ultra Setup

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2020 Roku Ultra to replace my 2017 Roku model.  I had been experiencing issues with an audio delay on anything that I tried to watch that was 4k, so I figured I might as well upgrade.  When getting the new one setup, I keep getting a message saying I can only get 1080p Dolby Vision, not 4k.  I am currently connecting the Roku direct to my Sony XBR65X900F via HDMI, then out to my Marantz SR5009 receiver.  Is the problem with my receiver, is it time for an upgrade there also?

I've tried upgrading the firmware on the receiver and even though I have it connected to my internet via an ethernet cable, it is not connecting the server and am unable to upgrade to the newest firmware for some reason.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: New Roku Ultra Setup

Your Marantz SR5009 is not HDCP 2.2 compliant and may be the issue. If this is the case HDCP 2.2 is hardware based and can not be upgrades via firmware.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: New Roku Ultra Setup

Thank you.  I thought I had read somewhere that the receiver was updated to support it.  But I was most likely wrong.  Time for me to go on the hunt for a new receiver.

0 Kudos