Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SystemiK
Level 7

New Roku Ultra Only Outputs Stereo Audio on It's Netflix, Prime & Hulu Apps. Youtube App is 5.1

I have a new Roku Ultra.  Using it's apps I am only getting 5.1 surround on the Youtube app.  Netflix, Prime and Hulu apps will only output in stereo (my rear channels are silent).  

I cant figure out why Youtube would be working perfectly yet the rest of the apps mentioned would be limited to stereo.  As a test, I loaded all of the above apps using my Samsung TV and all four of them were outputting perfect 5.1 surround.  I've been through all settings on all devices including my Vizio sound bar but to no avail.  Every part of the system is woking fine, the Roku Ultra is the only point that introduces this stereo audio problem.

I love Roku and have been using them since their very first device came out but this is a deal breaker.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: New Roku Ultra Only Outputs Stereo Audio on It's Netflix, Prime & Hulu Apps. Youtube App is

Assuming you have a 4800 (2020 Ultra), change Settings/Audio/HDMI to "Auto passthrough" (and make sure it detects that you have a DD+ capable connected TV/AVR/etc - should list what it detects)

Also make sure you have the latest firmware (9.4.1-4208) - Settings/System/System update/Check now