Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Ultra 4800R Dolby Vision issues so far

General Settings>Watching TV>External Inputs>HDMI Signal Format>Choose Standard or Enhanced Formal>changed from Standard to Enchanced Format on input for Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Update: I solved the first issue of sparkles/noise by upgrading every cable of mine to decent 8k certified hdmi 2.1 cables. It now plays 4.2.2 Dolby Vision 60hz fine on my 85” Sony X900F without noise/sparkles on the video or menu. Advanced Settings are HDR always on = off and set to pass-though of native resolution, etc. 

So for me the main outstanding display issue is the lack of Dolby Vision 30hz support. Also, some apps like AT&T get a huge lag on sound vs video over time, like 15 seconds if you leave the video on. That wasn’t ever an issue on the prior Roku Ultra, but maybe it’s an app issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I had some time to play around with it a bit tonight and it's definitely a work in progress.  Netflix is a mess.  Handshake issues all over the place and I got a blank screen more often than not.  Vudu seems to work pretty well, though.  I'll try to play with it some more...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, mine were already set to enhanced on the Sony (or for the LG to enable Deep Color on the input) - but for others here that is a good point to check first always.

The sparkles/noise with Dolby Vision 4K 60hz on my Sony X9000F were solved by upgrading to decent 8K certified cables. The LG E6 OLED (2016) only supports 4K Dolby Vision at 30hz, and that is still an outstanding issue with the new Ultra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the help. I will have to see if they fix the LG issue the Ultra and Dolby vision. The 4K HDR picture is beautiful. I still haven’t found something that has Dolby Atmos to stream. I get Dolby digital which is better than my old ultra that had unimpressive audio output. Haven’t had it show Atmos yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I’m getting Atmos on my Sony X900F and my HT-Z9F soundbar. I had to set the soundbar to enable its DRC/Sound Effect  processing settings to get it to register Atmos, If I did straight pass-through it defaulted to only DD+. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you experiencing issues with Dolby Vision with the new Roku Ultra 4800, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having similar issues with my new Roku Ultra 2020. It appears to be limited to Dolby Vision playback. The problem appears to not happen during HDR 10 or HLG playback on all apps that uses Dolby Vision  including VUDU, NetFlix and Apple TV. In those apps Dolby Vision  playback causes HDCP errors flashing up but not staying constant and go back to normal playback for a few minutes only to then produce the error again, it's very annoying. Amazon Prime video playback doesn't have the issue because it uses HDR 10. All of my HDMI cables are very good quality with great specs. My TV is an LG SK9000PUA 55 inch running software version 05.20.01.

-Roku device model - 4800X
-serial number - X010001A183C
-device ID - S02A208A183C
-software OS/version - 9.3.1 Build 4240-C2

VUDU app - Version 1.3 Build 322328

Netflix app - Version 5.2 Build 93096000

Apple TV app -  Version 5.0 Build 81

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@RokuDanny-R, I can't seem to get my tracker IDs to come up when I hit these HDMI handshake / Dolby Vision issues, but here's the rest of the information:

-Roku device model: 4800RW
-serial number: X01000HJKV2Y
-device ID: s02C208JKV2Y
-software OS/version: 9.3.1 BUILD 4240-C2
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Netflix v.5.2 build 93096000; Prime Video v.11.4 build 2020092816; VUDU v.1.3 build 322328

Also, the MoviesAnywhere channel shows Dolby Vision icons, but only outputs HDR10.

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

As the screen blacks out completely and my TV reports no HDMI signal, I have to switch inputs or turn off the TV and when I come back to Roku, it's just the home screen.

My TV is an LG OLED65B7A, v.05.80.55 (latest).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Postman @mackguyver 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos