Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Premiere displaying text intro to A New Hope on Disney+ in french

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I just picked up my first Roku for Disney+ in 4k. I'm in Canada (not Quebec) and all my language settings for both the Roku and Disney+ are for english, but when I start A New Hope it displays the written intro in french on the Roku, but it is all in english if I view through a browser on my computer. After that, everything seems to be in english, and when I checked the start of Empire is all english throughout. 

I'm assuming that this is a Roku issue because it is find on other devices. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, is there a fix? I'm not a french speaking Canuck, and it's not a deal breaker but it is *very* annoying.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere displaying text intro to A New Hope on Disney+ in french

I have the same issue with roku expess and Disney+. Spoke with disney live chat and it appears to be a roku issue since it only happens on my tv. Any fixes out there? (Also not living in or near Quebec) (french appears in Monsters Inc and The Good Dino so far)

0 Kudos