Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

New Roku Express keeps crashing

Jump to solution

We have a brand new Roku Express that keeps crashing. It is the worst with Amazon Prime, where we can only watch a couple of minutes of something before it goes back to the home screen. It will play on netflix but crashes if when we are scrolling. Hulu can just randomly go back to the home screen occassionally too. The only one we haven't had a problem with is HBO, which is ironic because we purchased the new Roku Express because our older model Roku was running sluggish on HBO and crashed with it. 

I have tried ALL the things and combed through the boards. I've deleted the channels, restarted, and reinstalled. I've done a factory reset. Numerous times. I've beat my head against the coffee table. Nothing works... any ideas or help? Thanks much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New Roku Express keeps crashing

Jump to solution

@LLnc  Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear about the frustrations. How are you powering the device?

If you are connecting it to a USB port, try using the included wall power adapter. If you are already using the included power cable and adapter, try using a different micro-USB cable and/or wall power adapter (brick), such as one from a mobile device. Does this resolve the issue? 

If not, let us know and we'll help connect you to our support team for more options. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@LLnc  Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear about the frustrations. How are you powering the device?

If you are connecting it to a USB port, try using the included wall power adapter. If you are already using the included power cable and adapter, try using a different micro-USB cable and/or wall power adapter (brick), such as one from a mobile device. Does this resolve the issue? 

If not, let us know and we'll help connect you to our support team for more options. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Oh, that seems to be working! I didn't even think of that... thanks so much. Fingers crossed it does the trick over time.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku express

Jump to solution

My Roku express keeps shutting off in the middle of me watching Netflix and says no signal... i will unplug everything and reset it and it does it again. I’ve only had the device for a day!! Please help me!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've tried all the steps you've mentioned, and my Roku stick continues to crash. Is there anything else I can try? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyone tried attaching a heat sink to the bottom of the roku express ? Mine keeps crashing and restarting and it seems to be getting hot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

hello! I am also having this problem - my roku worked great for about 3 weeks and now it crashes every 2 seconds. I have tried: system restarting, factory resets, changing the outlet used, deleting channels and then restarting, deleting all but a few channels, switching the usb port. I don't know what else to do. At first it was just happening with prime (which I deleted), but now it's with netflix and more. this is soo frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

See if you have a different inpu t on the tv .try home theater or component 

0 Kudos