Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdmhass
Level 7

New Roku 4K continues to crash

Jump to solution

hello! my roku 4k worked great for about 3 weeks and now it crashes every 2 seconds. I have tried: system restarting, factory resets, changing the outlet used, deleting channels and then restarting, deleting all but a few channels, switching the usb port, switching the usb cord, changing the hdmi port. I have also unplugged it so that it can cool down, to no avail.

I don't know what else to do. At first it was just happening with prime (which I deleted), but now it's with netflix and more. this is soo frustrating. I can't watch anything!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku 4K continues to crash

Jump to solution

@sdmhass 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What model Roku are you having the problem with?

When you say crash, is the channel crashing, or is the Roku itself rebooting (get the dancing Roku letters boot screen)?

When you remove a channel, you must reboot the Roku before adding it back in again. Some people skip this step and find they still have issues. 

Is it every channel, or so far just Netflix and Prime Video? Do other channels continue to work OK?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sdmhass
Level 7

Jump to solution

The model is 3920X

The channel is crashing, there are no dancing letters. It plays like 2 seconds of the show, and then makes a weird sound and goes black. Then after like 4 seconds everything comes on again and it plays 2 seconds of the show and then the whole thing repeats itself. 

When I removed the channels, I restarted and rebooted the roku before adding it back. 

I continue to try new channels and its happening with all of them.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification. It certainly sounds odd, and is not something that I've seen reported here by others. We'll need Roku support to chime in, but since tomorrow is a US holiday, @RokuDanny-R likely won't be online until Tuesday. 

Dan

0 Kudos
sdmhass
Level 7

Jump to solution

okay thank you very much! I look forward to when he can take a look

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sdmhass 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DebiDavis
Level 7

Jump to solution

My 4k made by onn just started freezing up while streaming hulu, netflix, etc.  was fine before...?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@DebiDavis wrote:

My 4k made by onn just started freezing up while streaming hulu, netflix, etc.  was fine before...?

Roku is not the manufacturer of your TV, Onn is. This sounds like a hardware issue, and that's something the manufacturer must handle. 

Dan

0 Kudos