Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bry1965
Level 7

New ROKU ultra and Vizio P55-F1 sound issue and HDCP warnimg

Vizio P55-F1
Roku Ultra sn YJ00G059236T
Latest update completed on 7/5/2018

Issue, unable to get 5.1 surrounds sound signal on any app. When i try to set up Vizio to bitstream (as suggested) or auto, get the HDCP error, also when i try to look at video from amazon, no 4K options available

Tried different ports on Vizio, tried different settings on ROKU, (about any i could see) tested download speeds via different test sights on ipad, with ipad sitting next to roku, get 89-113 Mb/s. Tried moving internet wifi next to roku, same issue, tried using network cable, same problem, Tried premium high speed cable, still same issue, have no problem with any apps used on Vizio.

I am routing sound to yamaha via optical port on TV, i tried it with optical port being used, and unplugged, same issue,

Got Vizo because i trust brand (have 9 year old HD vizio I still use, have newer samsung HD which i have hated since i got it. Samsung is only 60 Hz refresh, did not want another 60 Hz tv so did not go with TCL which was my second choice. Knew could not stream things like sling, and amazon would not stream 4K hdr on vizio cast, was suggested to get roku, which I investigated, wanted ultra due to optic output for older AVS (4 year old yamaha). When i picked up ultra, realised it was now basically a premium plus, sling would not do anything 5.1, nor would youtube, already cancelled sling, trying hulu, but no live stream on Vizio, have not tried streaming hulu through ROKU yet (again recommended to use ROKU) but know 5.1 issue will be present.

Roku was rated over fire TV, yet when i look up issues Here which are almost alike, many seem to say have no issue with fire.

i am new to 4K, and although HDR would be great, right now just getting 5.1 on tv shows like NCIS and others would make me happy, as well as having option of 4K on amazon (i am a prime member) which. Can access CBS all access on Vizio cast, and get 5.1 surrond. but not on ROKU.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bry1965
Level 7

Re: New ROKU ultra and Vizio P55-F1 sound issue and HDCP warnimg

Seems like amazon issue is amazon, not roku, i am good with that, please help with sound issue,
0 Kudos
Bry1965
Level 7

Re: New ROKU ultra and Vizio P55-F1 sound issue and HDCP warnimg

Update

Deleted my used apps, and did factory reset, then reloaded apps, now am getting 5.1, still using 8.1 build 4137-46 on roku ultra 4660X

Also getting live hulu TV, hopefully now i can relax and cut cable completely!
0 Kudos