Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctcg-2000
Level 7

New HDCP Errors with 10.0.0 (YouTube Black Playback)

My Roku Ultra (4660X) updated automatically to 10.0.0 4150, and now I get HDCP errors left and right.

The biggest issue is that the YouTube will only play the audio, but the video is black.

I have followed all the HDCP guides on how to fix the issue, but none of it works.

I have several devices in the chain (Caavo, Yamaha Sound Bar, Samsung TV), but frankly it should not matter as the previous release worked fine.

I prefer the Roku UI and controls to my Apple TV and Fire TV, but that is the exact reason I have 3 media players: software updates always seem to break something, but unfortunately it is usually Roku.

I am so close to throwing this thing out the window and never buying a Roku product again, as software updates with Roku seem to be Russian Roulette with 3 rounds loaded in the chamber.

I understand there is a lot of hardware out there, but I never get HDCP errors with Apple or Amazon, but it has been a running theme for years with Roku.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New HDCP Errors with 10.0.0 (YouTube Black Playback)

@ctcg-2000

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into this issue for you. I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team. In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cats19Meow
Level 7

Re: New HDCP Errors with 10.0.0 (YouTube Black Playback)

I followed instructions several times & still same error.

I too wanted to throw the darn thing too!

I finally went to settings and found where I could restart Roku.

It WORKED!

0 Kudos