Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timcredible
Binge Watcher

Re: New 2020 Roku Ultra has sound issues?

Jump to solution

The new software didn't even last a day, the slow motion problem came back.  I set audio to pass through and it's working again, don't know if it will continue to work

0 Kudos
bpotter16
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems like folks that have the 4800x have different versions of firmware (9.3.1 vs 9.4). Those that have 9.3.1 check for updates but no update is available. ROKU, why hold back updates on the latest product?  Is there a way to force the update for the 4800x?

The youtube app cuts out every other second for both audio settings - auto and passthrough. 

It seems like this product was rushed a bit and the community is playing the role of QA.

0 Kudos
Rcsoxfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah and mine didn’t start doing it until AFTER I updated the os

0 Kudos
Timcredible
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update.  Mine started doing the slow motion thing again, changed audio to passthrough, issue went away.  Seems ok with passthrough for couple days.  Support closed my case for some reason.

0 Kudos
RJHIRSCH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya I changed to pass-thru and it fixed the long sync delays for about 2 days then it started again but the delays were much shorter. I then checked for software updates and it told me I could update to 9.4. Was running 9.3. 9.4 has completely fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
jeremyp1971
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

9.4.1 Build 4182-C2 on my Roku Ultra 4800X has completely solved the problem of out of sync audio on my AT&T streaming app (version 3.21 Build 2440102). For example, Fox and CBS live NFL were horrible before and progressively went further out of sync..... now they're staying in sync after even an hour. I've been testing a couple days and am happy now.

0 Kudos
CraigR1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There are certain programs on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon that I get no audio at all with the new 4800R. Also the ads on Peacock have no audio also. How can I correct this or are other people with the new Ultra experiencing this issue?

I upgraded from the previous Ultra cause the sound was getting garbled and I have to restart Roku every day to fix it. That's not happening with the 4800 yet.

0 Kudos
BH77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a twist to the auto detect vs passthrough issue. On auto detect, I'm getting Atmos 100% of the time even if not Atmos source, which causes my soundbar to drop audio for a couple seconds every 20 or so seconds. On Pass through, I get the correct audio signal depending on what I am watching, HOWEVER, my volume is real loud, to the point where on 1 click away from mute, the sound is at a normal level, so i'm not able to watch anything at a lower sound. So constant Atmos and audio drops on Auto Detect or Correct audio format with loud volume on Pass Through. Frustrating. I have 4800x; SW 9.4.1:4189

Timcredible
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku still has problems, just stops playing stuff.  I guess this model is just not going to work, it's going back

0 Kudos
RaveY

Jump to solution

I have issues too, sounds get cut off and sometimes not coming back until I unplug it and plug it back in to the electricity

Is this a firmware issue or i have a defective unit?

0 Kudos