Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rcstephan

Re: New 2020 Roku Ultra Not Recognizing HDCP 2.2 - ERROR 020

Getting the same issue.  I get temporary relief after following the instructions. After shutdown for the night it started all over. 

0 Kudos
jmccool
Reel Rookie

As of the 11/17/2021 software update, my 2020 Roku Ultra (which has been operating perfectly for 11 months) now displays the same error 020 message multiple times a day. I have followed all instructions, switched cables, switched ports, changed display settings, switched TV's, to no avail. The only relief I get is to unplug the transformer from the outlet, sometimes multiple times, and wait for the Roku to reset. This is frustrating and unacceptable!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE OR LOSE THIS LOYAL CUSTOMER!!!!!

#ERROR020, #PURPLESCREEN, #HDCP2.2ERROR

0 Kudos
GCS
Channel Surfer

Don't know if this could fix your specific problems, but this is what I did and it fixed my issues :

After the update, I had errors on two units, on different TVs. I bought a Zeskit 8k HDMI cable for only one of the TVs, but the problem persisted. 

I found a website (below). I had to disable the device refresh rate and reboot, reset the display type to read my TV and not auto detect, and disconnect all cables from all devices, and reboot (specific instructions at the website). 

Stopped all the errors.

https://appuals.com/rocku-hdcp-020/

0 Kudos
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

link is dead

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@stromdriver 

Looks like member mistyped link.  https://appuals.com/roku-hdcp-020/  (7/28/21 troubleshooting article)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JWT
Channel Surfer

I had the same issue with my Roku Ultra 2021 when attempting to view Dolby Vision HDR.  I tried several suggestions from the Roku website, and nothing worked more than once.  I even tried four different HDMI cables, one of them was the Roku provided cable.  I purchased two Zeskit Lite Ultra High Speed 5' HDMI cables from Amazon. 

I have one Zeskit Lite cable running from the RU 2021 to my Denon AVR.  The second cable runs from Denon AVR VIA EARC to a 65" Sony A8H TV.  I have watched four Dolby Vision HDR videos on Netflix, with zero HDCP Error 020 notifications or video drop outs.  YMMV!

0 Kudos
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

i have a few new 8k certified cables coming from monoprice on monday, hoping it does the job replacing my other certified cables Man Embarassed

0 Kudos
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

swapped out the cables , haven't had an error come up yet but now my audio is significantly lower than it was before, at least by a value of 10 from previous settings to get same volume levels from my surround sound.

0 Kudos
JWT
Channel Surfer

That's odd!  It sounds like a speaker wire is not connected improperly,  Does the low audio issue occur only with the Roku device?  

I had a momentary power outage prior to New Years Day.  The Roku Ultra displayed a black screen with audio on while viewing the Roku Channel.  I thought the issue had returned.  I went in the settings page, and a few of the audio and video settings had changed.  I returned the settings to my preference, and performed a restart.  No issues the last four days.

1. I would check all HDMI and audio connections to AVR/soundbar, BD player, and to the TV.  Ensure the connections are correct.

2. Check audio settings on each component. 

3. Perform a restart of the Roku device.

0 Kudos
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

everything is hooked up right/tight, all other inputs & devices sound fine (ps5, blu ray player, etc)  have restarted the roku a couple times and whole system as well

0 Kudos